To initiate, design, and implement a career pathway training system by establishing an on-going pipeline to meet the near term and future employment and credential requirements within this fast emerging industry in Rhode Island.
OFFSHORE WIND INDUSTRY FACTS
Within the next 10 Years:
- Its estimated that offshore wind projects will produce 1.5 Gigawatts of Power off the coast of Rhode Island and surrounding area
- Hundreds of Offshore Wind Turbines will be built, installed, and maintained off the Atlantic Coast in the future
- 6,000 Supply Chain Jobs are created per 100 Offshore Wind Turbines
- An offshore wind energy turbine can generate enough electricity to meet the annual needs of over 11,000 households each year.
Local Offshore Wind Projects:
- 400 megawatt Offshore Wind Farm with up to 50 Offshore Wind Turbines serving Rhode Island
- 130 megawatt South Fork Wind Farm project, 30 miles off of Montauk, NY
- 304 megawatt wind farm off the Connecticut Coast
WindWinRI Preparing to meet the demand
- Supporting the development of educational programs for primary and secondary aged students
- Developing post-secondary education paths
- Supporting incumbent, underemployed, and unemployed workers